Sunday, October 31, 2010

Des Moines, Iowa!!!

So, I've been in Des Moines about about 7 weeks now, and I'm just now doing something with the pictures I took shortly after moving in and getting most of our stuff unpacked (and a few of right after unloading the u-haul). I am posting these here since it's a little easier than trying to email a bunch of pictures to the 2 of you who are interested in seeing them. :) Enjoy!



This is actually from Joe's White Coat Ceremony weekend - the weekend before I moved up to join Joe in Des Moines. We are standing in the parking lot in front of our apt building.



Our bedroom

The dining room (it's so great to have a dining room!)


The future office with the desk in its many pieces.


The living room opens up to the dining room - this is the new chair we got since our couches wouldn't fit up our stairs (we sold the chair we had as a set with the couch).

Our bedroom again - this time mostly set up and unpacked.

Our little tiny bathroom.

The office with the desk set up - and some boxes that took me a while to get to...

Joe's amazing white board attached to the wall.

Hallway from the dining room to the back of the house - the bathroom is on the right (you can't see that door) and the door straight ahead is our bedroom, and the door to the left is the office. There is a decent sized linen closet to the left that you can't see either. Love having the storage space here!

Best part of this room is the DISHWASHER!!!!!!!

Dining room - obviously.

Living room with our fancy new couch. :) It had to be shorter than 70 inches in order to fit up our stairs. You wouldn't think that would be very hard, but we had a hard time finding something that would work that wasn't super expensive. We were happy with what we ended up finding though!

And that is it - I wish I had thought to take a picture of the outside of the house because we love being able to refer to our house as the blue one - it is pretty close to smurf-ish blue and we like it alot. Now you all (both, sorry) have to come and see it in person!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay!! :) It looks great! Hope we can come and see it someday... I really like the pictures hanging in the two long lines in the living room-very creative! :)

Beth Morgan said...

I love it! You finally posted Leslie Lou! I'm so thankful that you have a dishwasher!!! I love you so very much and I'm glad that you haven't given up on this blog.
Love Love Love
Beth, baby Who and Mm
P.s. The two of us who read your blog . . . sister please. There are more of us out there!

Trusty Gal said...

It is Whitney. I am reading too Leslie. We only get to see you all once a year in Tennessee so keep us updated on here.